Dinner time! I think this would be my go to meal if I needed a quick romantic meal at home..or just to show off! But, while this looks (and sounds) fancy, it is really easy to make. Now if you are familiar with Balsamic Vinegar, you know a little goes a long way. So don’t be frightened by the amount that you will use in this recipe. The ingredients blended with the Balsamic make for a sweet sauce that is not overpowering.
Here are a few fun facts about the benefits of adding a little Balsamic Vinegar into your diet.
- Balsamic has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which can make it an effective remedy for treating infections and wounds
- Folk healers used balsamic to cure body pain and as energizer
- Balsamic vinegar contains powerful antioxidant called polyphenols which fight cell damage and boost our immune system
- The antioxidant in balsamic have also the potential to protect against heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions
- Balsamic can help boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin thus improving metabolism
- Balsamic may help control diabetes. Study suggests that by adding as little as five teaspoons of the vinegar with a meal can improve insulin sensitivity. Better insulin sensitivity means better diabetes control and lowered risk of dangerous complications
- Balsamic can reduce cholesterol level
- Balsamic antioxidant may slow the aging process
- Balsamic may reduce the frequency of headaches
- Balsamic contains important minerals that can strengthen the bones
- Balsamic can help prevent anemia and fatigue
- Balsamic can help suppress appetite and therefore an aid in controlling weight
- 3/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tablespoon Honey
- 2-3 Chicken Breast, thinly sliced in half
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, lightly chopped to release the good stuff
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Pancetta (You can use bacon, but it changes the flavor on the salty side a bit)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
In a small sauce pan, on medium/low heat, add 1/2 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar and honey. Let simmer , stirring frequently for about 20 minutes, or until reduced by half. It will be really dark in color, and much thicker. While the reduction is simmering prepare the chicken. Cut breast in to thin slices and season with salt/pepper.
Now in a large saute pan, on medium-high heat, add Olive Oil, Pancetta, Herbs, and Garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add chicken breast to pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. When the chicken is nearly finished, Add remaining balsamic and equal parts water. Once chicken is cooked all the way through, remove and set aside.
Turn the heat up a little and bring the sauce to a boil. Add the reduction you made into the saute pan and stir together. Let simmer until it is the desired thickness. I let mine simmer out quite a bit. Once your sauce reaches the consistency you want. Spoon some of the sauce and Pancetta over plated chicken and serve!